I am a native Turkish linguist living in the UK. With a combination of academic background and more than 20 years of experience in language industry, I offer high-quality linguistic services in a variety of areas including translation, localization, proofreading, subtitling, and post-editing.
Here are some highlights:
- I won three ProZ.com Translation Contests in EN-TR pair.
- I translated & proofread around hundred books ranging from Disney’s heart-warming stories to H.P. Lovecraft‘s weird fiction and Quantum Physics.
- I taught technical and literary translation in Turkish universities for more than 10 years.
- I translated and proofread thousands of articles for best-selling IT, science and technology magazines (CHIP, PCnet, Popular Science, How It Works, etc.)
- I have been working as a freelance subtitler and QCer for four years and I have worked on numerous high-profile NETFLIX projects. My NETFLIX Hermes Subtitling Test Score is 94/100.
- I have been working for wikiHow as a freelance translator and proofreader for more than 3 years.
- I am a TAUS and SDL certified post-editor.
Please see my CV for a more detailed description of my job experience and qualifications.